Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nature Walk

Many thanks to our wonderful host, Susan at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ for Outdoor Wednesday!
Please join me for a nature walk. It is the most glorious day here in the north Houston area. We live across the street from a lake (not very large, maybe 12 acres) with a path which goes all the way around. It takes me about 20 minutes to walk it. Today in honor of Outdoor Wednesday, I brought the camera.

You can see why I chose to name my blog, Pine Cone Retreat!

I was so happy to see these pretty white ducks. Glad that my camera and I didn't scare them off!!

Thank you so much for joining me on my walk and for visiting my blog on my first Outdoor Wednesday.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Outdoor Wednesday, it's always lots of fun! What great photos! I love pinecones and the little white ducks are so cute. How nice it must be to have a lake by your house. It must be a great place to unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen...

    Just coming from your Target Bird's post! Wow...what a lovely walk! You live in such beautiful country! I really enjoyed your photos!

    I just read down through some of your past posts...really enjoyed your bathroom makeover...those beautiful curtains are perfect!!! Also enjoyed your tablescapes, I can see that we have alot of things in common! Just wanted to let you know that I added you to my list of "follow blogs"...and I sure do look forward to your upcoming posts and getting to know you better!!! So very nice to meet you...

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have a nice path to walk around the lake. The white ducks were not shy around the camera. Lovely post!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome place to take a nature walk! Love the ducks - so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it all looks so sweet. Thank you for sharing.

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful place to take a walk...love your little duckies...did they join you?!!!

    Your so lucky to have all those pine cones around you...beautiful!!!

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice walk, and those ducks are so fluffy white. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday Karen...Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a great walk! The ducks are so fun to watch:)

    ReplyDelete