Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday - A baby bird in the palm...

I took these photos a few weeks ago while my brother-in-law was visiting. He walked by our Sago Palm and was surprised to see this. He thought at first that it wasn't real and that I had placed the baby bird in the palm. I guess I have a reputation of over accessorizing!!!
I wonder if he fell from his nest or had just taken his first flight out of the nest and was resting.
He let me get very close!!
So cute!! Thanks for joining me for another Outdoor Wednesday. ~Karen~

13 comments:

  1. Look at that darling little thing.

    Great capture!!

    TTFN~~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great shots of this little guy! He found a soft landing spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so precious!!! I really like the very last one...he's so darned cute.

    My Outdoor Wednesday is now posted. It's a slideshow of our Star's Walk of Fame. Come by and view if you can. I'd love to have your company....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Outdoor Wednesday
    That is one darling bird....so cute...and I know he had to be cuter in person.
    I am a 54 year old woman but I don't live across from a beautiful lake....lol...you must see awesome nature at your house
    I joined as a follower and I hope you will come visit me and we will have tea on the porch and listen to your music, which I also like.
    hugs
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos. He is a sweet litttle thing. Did his Mama come back for him?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie! How fortunate you found him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The baby birds are all trying to fly the nest! We saw one recently trying to climb his way up the tree back into the nest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the post. He is so precious, and I love the two little tufts on either side of his head. Great, great pics. Love the music. I signed up as a follower, and I hope you will stop by and do the same. I would like to follow your posting. Please stop by and say hi at Country Wings in Phoenix. "Country Hugs", Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun to get so close to nature, isn't it? He's very cute! ~~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete